For more than twenty years, WRITING SCREENPLAYS THAT SELL has been hailed as the most complete guide available on the art, craft, and business of writing for movies and television. Now fully revised and updated to reflect the latest trends and scripts, Hollywood story expert and script consultant Michael Hauge walks readers through every step, from developing successful story concepts to artistry vs. commerciality; writing adaptations to protecting product; writing episodic TV series to successful story concepts; getting an agent to living and working outside of L.A; and much more.
Every copy purchased is signed by Michael Hauge and comes with a brand new bookmark!
Extensive revisions have been made for this first new edition
- More than 120 new movie examples from the last 20 years
- A new, expanded list of criteria for finding and selecting commercial Story Concepts
- An expanded approach to Story Structure, including new information on opening scenes, why most adaptations fail, effective use of flashbacks, and emotionally powerful endings
- An updated and expanded approach to marketing your script, including all new information on script consultants, script competitions, pitch fests, virtual pitching, email blasts, log line listings, audio script readings, and Internet resources for screenwriters
- A complete, in depth analysis of the screenplay for Avatar – the biggest box office success of all time