Google Fiber Space
1814 Westport Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111
Regardless of your discipline, your readership or your audience, mastering the ability to create emotionally compelling stories is essential. During this unique workshop, Hollywood script consultant, story expert and best-selling author Michael Hauge will empower you to elevate your writing, speaking and filmmaking in order to achieve both artistic and commercial success.
Michael has served as a script consultant to Will Smith, and has consulted on such box office hits as The Karate Kid, I Am Legend, Hancock, and Masters of the Universe. Drawing on this experience, Michael will show the most powerful methods for eliciting emotion in your readers and audiences through story concept, plot structure, character development, theme and commercial potential.
Using clips from recent blockbuster films, Michael will reveal:
- The primary goal of all story
- The 12 Essential Components of all successful stories
- The 3 most effective ways of creating empathy with your hero
- How to turn plot structure into a simple, powerful tool you can easily apply to every story
- The power of desire, need, longing and destiny
- The primary conflict all characters must face
- The key to developing character arc and theme
- The most effective process for adapting novels into film
- The key components of a powerful pitch
- The key to making storytelling your most powerful marketing tool
If you use (or want to use) story in any of your professional or personal endeavors, this workshop is a must!