Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
219 S. Harrison Rd
East Lansing, Michigan
FRIDAY, JAN. 20, 2017 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
If you want to elevate your screenplays and novels to the highest possible level, this event is a must.*
During this advanced, six-hour seminar, Write on the Red Cedar headliner Michael Hauge will present his unique approach to creating compelling stories for film and fiction. Drawing on his decades as a Hollywood script consultant, author and lecturer, he will show the most powerful methods for eliciting emotion in your readers and audiences through story concept, plot structure, character development and theme. Michael will then reveal his proven method for getting the people in power to read your manuscript or screenplay.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The primary goal of all stories
- Turning plot structure from a complicated concept into a simple, powerful tool you can easily apply to every story
- The power of desire, need, longing and destiny
- The essential conflict all characters must face
- Novel structure vs. movie structure
- The single key to creating character arc and theme
- The secret to creating unique, believable and fulfilling love stories
- The most effective process for adapting novels into film
- The single biggest mistake writers make while pitching their work
- The key components of a powerful pitch
*This workshop is not included in the regular conference registration. To attend, you must purchase the “full conference” package.
SATURDAY, JAN. 21, 2017 8:00 am – 10:00 am
CREATING POWERFUL SCENES
Great scenes – in both scripts and novels — have to achieve several things:
- Draw the reader into a unique reality
- Create empathy and identification with the characters
- Bring compelling desires and insurmountable conflicts to life
- Contribute to character growth and theme
- Weave magic with words
- Elicit bigger-than-life emotions
How can a writer craft scenes that do it all? With an abundance of examples, Write on the Red Cedar headliner Michael Hauge will reveal the elements of action, description and dialogue that will insure the overall success of your story. In this two-hour workshop, you’ll learn:
- The 10 essential components of a well written scene
- What every scene MUST accomplish
- The path to mastering action, description and dialogue
- The secrets of effective editing
SATURDAY, JAN. 21, 2017 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
ADVANCED ONE-ON-ONE COACHING WITH STORY MASTER MICHAEL HAUGE
If you wish to be placed on a waiting list should a spot open up, please email us at email@example.com after you register.
Headliner Michael Hauge will offer a limited number of one-on-one story consultations to help you make your story the best it can be.
Whether beginning a new manuscript or preparing for your next rewrite, Michael’s coaching will give your story concept, characters and plot structure a solid, commercial foundation, and will provide an excellent introduction to his principles and process.
If you want to get this once-in-a-lifetime chance to work with one of the best writing coaches in the country, REGISTER TODAY.